Who says you have to choose between eating healthy or indulging in the deliciousness of the holiday season? This Greek yogurt trifle combines the best of both worlds. Modify your brownie to Greek yogurt ratio to fit your goals. The measurements in the recipe below make for a special occasion dessert, but you could use a fraction of the brownies to make it a fun and festive high protein treat. Did someone say brownies for breakfast?
I made this recipe using a box of Simple Mills brownie mix, but you could also use pre-made store bought or Grandma’s famous secret family recipe.
This recipe makes for 10 good size servings – perfect for a party. You’ll want to serve these within an hour of assembly so if you have a smaller crowd, cut the recipe as they will get soggy as leftovers.
High Protein Holiday Trifle
Yields 10 (perfect for a party)
- 1 box Simple Mills brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 – 32oz container 2G low fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 20 peppermint candies
- 1/4oz Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Mint for garnish
1. Prepare brownies according to box. Let cool completely and cut into small bite size pieces.
2. Unwrap candies and place in a heavy duty ziplock bag. Hammer with a rolling pin until crushed into various size pieces.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate bar into slivers.
4. Using a clear cup or container, layer bottom with small pieces of brownies, about 1 oz. Or 1/20th.
5. Tilt glass and sprinkle peppermint candie crumbs around border.
6. Layer a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, about 3oz.
7. Sprinkle border with peppermint candies.
8. Repeat above by layering brownie, peppermint, yogurt.
9. Top with chocolate shavings, peppermint and garnish with a mint leaf.
10. Serve within 45 minutes of assembly.
Sent from my iPhone