If you’ve had a busy day, your rushing home form after school commitments and you still have to prep dinner for the family, the last thing you want to do is have an extra guest join you for dinner. Unless of course that guest is Kevin! If you haven’t yet heard of or tried Kevin’s natural foods, you are going to love this post! And after you give Kevin’s products a try, you’ll be inviting him to dinner all the time.
Kevin’s makes a range of products from quick reheat meals, to sauce pouches you can add to your ingredients of choice, to spices like taco seasoning. Their food is super tasty and really easy to throw together, but what i love most about Kevin’s is the ingredients! It’s gluten free, refined sugar free, free of antibiotics and certified paleo and keto.
So far, I’ve tried a variety of products but for this post, I’m gonna focus on the Korean bbq chicken. It’s such an easy and versatile option for dinner. Our whole family loved it and tonight Ryder helped himself to a fourth serving – which says a lot. He doesn’t typically like anything with sauce so the fact that he gave his stamp of approval AND I gave mine with the 3g if sugar for a 5oz serving is a double win!
The meals are super easy to throw together. When you open the package you’ll find two pouches, chicken breasts that have been sous-vide in chicken broth and another of Korean bbq sauce. Simply, strain the chicken and break it into smaller pieces and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce and cooking for an additional minute.
You could eat it as is, served with rice, in a taco or my favorite way – lettuce wrap! I whipped up some sliced cucumbers for a bit of crunch with a vinegar based sauce to add a little flare and compliment the sweetness of the chicken bbq sauce. A little rice, green onions and some Wuju hot sauce all tossed into a crunchy lettuce leaf were the perfect combo and so satisfying.
Give Kevin’s a try and tell me what you think. If you’re like us, Kevin will be a weekly dinner guest in this house.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 2 16oz packages Kevin’s Korean bbq chicken
- 1 head living lettuce, washed and ready to use
- 2 cups dry rice
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 Tablespoon garlic expressions
- 1/2 Tabkespoon sesame seeds
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce of choice (I’m a Wuju girl!)
- avocado oil cooking spray
1. Prepare rice according to directions.
2. In a medium bowl, combine garlic expressions, rice vinegar, gf soy sauce and sesame seeds. Add sliced cucumbers and let marinate for ten minutes.
3. Open Kevin’s Korean bbq chicken and strain chicken. Break chicken apart into smaller pieces.
4. Heat a large pan on medium heat and spray with some avocado oil. Add chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add sauce and turn heat to low. Stir the chicken and let simmer for one minute.
5. Assemble lettuce cups by adding rice, chicken, cucumbers, green onion and hot sauce.